The yield curve: more noise than signal
The spread between two and 10-year Treasury bond yields is not a very effective tool for near-term economic forecasting or tactical asset allocation decisions
- We believe that the spread between two and 10-year Treasury bond yields is not a very effective tool for near-term economic forecasting or tactical asset allocation decisions.
- Though growth is decelerating, economic fundamentals remain robust, and recession risk is low, in our view.
- We have closed our short position on government bonds following the sharp rise in yields linked to aggressive tightening from the Federal Reserve.
- On global equities, we are neutral at the index level and favor cyclicals that are overly discounting recession risk or have structural upside, as well as higher-quality and defensive pockets of the market where profit growth should remain resilient.
UBS-Fonds kaufen Sie über FondsSuperMarkt zu besonders günstigen Konditionen!
- Dauerhaft 100% Rabatt auf den Ausgabeaufschlag
- Kostenloses Depot
- Keine Transaktionskosten
- Sichere Verwahrung bei einer deutschen Depotbank